Friends of the Folsom Zoo
The Friends of the Folsom City Zoo Sanctuary, Incorporated is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established in 1981 to help support the Folsom City Zoo Sanctuary.
The mission of the Friends of the Folsom Zoo Sanctuary, Inc., is to preserve and enhance a city treasure by assisting in the enrichment of the lives of the animals living at the Folsom City Zoo Sanctuary.
Board of Directors
The Friends Board of Directors is comprised of the following executive committee:
- President: Becky Boone
- Vice President: David Oliver
- Secretary: Ed Kaufmann
- Treasurer: Tom Peno
- Zoo Manager: Jocelyn Smeltzer
- Director: Jeff Boone
- Development Committee – Responsible for overseeing long term financial growth and the creation of an endowment fund including investment strategy, corporate partnership programs, donations, and long term programs (Estates, Bequest, Trusts, etc…)
- Fundraising Committee – Responsible for meeting annual fundraising goals and community awareness objective through programs, grants and events.
- Membership Committee – Responsible for meeting annual membership goals through membership drives, member recognition and the oversight of the membership and renewals process.
- Marketing and Public Relations Committee - Responsible for meeting community awareness goals in support of all other committees through publication and outreach about the mission and activities of the Friends organization.
Members and Directors volunteer their time and are active in sponsoring Friends core programs and committees to support the needs of the animals for the Folsom Zoo Sanctuary. Volunteers to assist the Friends are always welcome!
The Friends is a proud member of the Folsom Chamber of Commerce